Charging for car parking on Cambridge University sites
Cambridge University is proposing to introduce charging for car parking.
This is potentially an opportunity to see improvements in cycle parking at the same time.
"The Project Board recognises that this is a topic of considerable interest to the University and its staff, particularly the set of principles the HR Committee has recommended consulting on - namely that:
- Car park charging should be introduced,
- Charging should be salary-contingent and that salary sacrifice should apply if possible,
- Management of permit allocation should be centralised,
- There should be a maximum permit allocation per site,
- Revenues generated should be ringfenced to support alternative modes of travel such as buses, trains and cycling."